Hi, I'm Nicole, a second year Occupational Therapy (OT) student. This blog has been created as part of an assessment for the Participation in Occuaption 2 paper (PO2). We are to choose an occupation that we do as a hobby that can be engaged in for a minimum of 2 hours per week. My chosen occupation is Cross Stitching. This blog will also discuss what cross stitching means to me personally and my experiences. Links to OT will be made in reference to how it might be useful, as well as any important considerations such as ambience, affordance, ergonomics and practicality.

Thursday 27 October 2011

Done but not quite done...

Although this will be the last blog posting required for this assignment, I was hoping to have had the cross stitching I had been working on for the past couple of months completed and framed but unfortunetly I’m only about half way though. It has been an amazing journey learning about how everything interlinks and that there is way more to an activity that meets the eye. Cross stitching is more than just sitting down and threading some colours onto a canvas. I have discovered that it can lend itself to communicating and connecting with others,  with aesthetic and spirituality aspects. Diving deeper to discover why I actually do this craft to meet some needs means that I have learnt a lot about myself, the qualities and skills I have learnt from and have been able to bring to the activity, the art of cross stitching...This has been my journey and it’s been a pleasant one with lots of learning and reflecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment